A Few Things You Should Know about Dental Implants
This is the time where dental implants are famous among everyone and people are aware that these masterpieces help in replacing a missing tooth. There are many advantages associated with dental implants that are often overlooked. We have listed some important information for you to get yourself well-acquainted with implants dentaires.
Options available for teeth replacement
Detachable dentures have changed many lives by the means of restoring the function and looks. However, there are always issues when it comes to discomfort and movement that makes it challenging to relish your favorite foods with confidence.
- Dental bridges
Bridges are a good idea, however they need to be attached to the adjacent teeth. In other words, your natural teeth are required to be changed to accommodate the crowns that hold the bridge securely in its place.
- Dental implants
They are installed in your jawbone on a permanent basis. You can use a single implant to restore a missing tooth or multiple implants to hold a denture in a place.
Comparison of the options
- Chewing ability
- Detachable dentures restore a mere 10 percent of your chewing ability
- Dental implants restore 90 percent, on the other hand.
- Ease of eating and speaking
- Dentures bring up the eating and speaking issues.
- When you add dental implants to a denture, it gets rid of these issues.
- Dentures are required to be relined in every 3 to 5 years.
- If you are good at maintaining your oral hygiene and visit your dentist routinely, implants are totally maintenance free.
- Conservative approach
- Bridges remove the healthy tooth structure from the adjacent teeth. It is a three teeth solution for one tooth issue.
- Dental implant is an all-rounder tooth replacement and solution that need no support from adjacent teeth.
- Cost effective vs long term
- Bridges should be replaced in every 5 to 15 years.
- Dental implants are permanent in nature. You don’t need to replace them.
- Favorable for your oral health
- Dental implants are most like a replacement root that stimulates the growth of healthy bone and the tissue in your jaw that preserves the integrity of the bone.
- Bridges and dentures are esthetic solutions that are present on the top of the gum, so the bone in your jaw slowly ruins over time.